Microsoft Word 2010 Level 1
|Dates: ||February 12, 2013 - February 13, 2013|
|Meets: ||Tues and Wed from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, 2 sessions|
|Location: ||O. D. Smith Hall, Room 328 |
|Instructor: ||Beth Roberts |
|Fee: || $269.00|
Sorry, this course has been cancelled. Please contact our office to see if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
This course is designed for students who wish to learn the basic operations of the Microsoft Word to perform their day-to-day responsibilities, and who want to use the application to be more productive in their work. It provides the fundamental knowledge and techniques needed to advance to using more complex Word features such as protecting your documents and usage of ligatures.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify and work with basic Word 2010 tools and features
- edit text in a Word document
- modify the appearance of text in a Word document
- insert special characters and graphical objects
- organize data in tables
- proof a Word document
- control the appearance of pages in a Word document
- print a Word document
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word 2010
- Lesson 2: Editing Text in a Word Document
- Lesson 3: Modifying the Appearance of Text in a Word Document
- Lesson 4: Inserting Special Characters and Graphical Objects
- Lesson 5: Organizing Data in Tables
- Lesson 6: Proofing a Word Document
- Lesson 7: Controlling the Appearance of Pages in a Word Document
- Lesson 8: Printing Word Documents
To be successful in this course, you should be familiar with using personal computers and you should have used the mouse and keyboard. You should be comfortable in the Windows environment and be able to use Windows to manage information on the computer. Specifically, you should be able to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Group: Companies can receive a 15% discount on 4 or more registrations paid for at the same time. Contact our office at 334.844.5100 to receive this discount.
Multiple Classes: Individuals will receive a 15% discount if they register for 3 courses or more at the same time. Contact our office at 334.844.5100 to receive this discount.
Organizational: A 10% discount is available for ATC Members, Auburn and Opelika Chamber Members and Auburn University Employees. Enter the organizational coupon code to receive this discount.
NOTE: Discounts cannot be combined and are not cumulative.