REAL Cents REAL Change Summer Camp
|Dates: ||June 16, 2013 - June 21, 2013|
|Meets: ||Sunday from 3:00 PM to Friday at 11:00 AM, 6 sessions|
|Location: ||Auburn University |
|Fee: || $549.00|
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
REAL: Recognize Me! Empower Me! Appreciate Me! My Legacy!
The REAL Cents REAL Change Summer Camp is a week-long residential camp that empowers teens (ages 13-18) through education, leadership and philanthropy. Throughout REAL Cents REAL Change Summer Camp, teen participants will learn the basic skills of financial management and how to maximize their philanthropic impact.
- Gain knowledge about personal finances, wealth stewardship and philanthropy
- Strengthen self-awareness, leadership, time-management skills, and creativity
- Understand basic financial management practices
- Create a spending and savings plan
- Engage in debt avoidance strategies, calculate net worth, learn investing basics
- Write a financial goals plan
- Create a philanthropic giving plan that maximizes one's resources of time, talent, treasure & trust
- Understand how to create a sustainable legacy while helping others and society
REAL Cents REAL Change Summer Camp is offered by the Cary Center for the Advancement of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies in the College of Human Sciences and will include a series of interactive lessons and guest appearances from community/business leaders, AU faculty, staff and students, and philanthropic role models. Campers will also benefit from field trips, creative projects which feature philanthropists and nonprofit organizations, taking part in virtual communities, and completing a REAL Life Folio that includes basic money smart strategies and a philanthropic giving plan.
Participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Camp participants will have 24/7 counselor supervision.