Summer Art Studio Intensive
|Dates: ||June 22, 2014 - June 27, 2014|
|Meets: ||Sunday from 3:00 PM to Friday at 11:00 AM, 6 sessions|
|Location: ||Auburn University |
|Fee: || $680.00|
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
If you are a rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grade art student who wants to pursue excellence in your artwork, and would like to experience a strong university art program and the Auburn University community and campus, our Auburn Summer Art Studio Intensive presents a great opportunity. Our spacious and well-appointed Department of Art studios in Biggin Hall, right off Toomer's Corner and downtown Auburn, provide an ideal setting for the camp, and we'll offer an immersive course of instruction that will jumpstart and expand your art making abilities.
Taught by Auburn art professors and assisted by advanced art majors, we'll give participants an in-depth look at how art is taught at Auburn, and give students individual attention as they participate in a series of exercises and projects, including:
- Sketchbook-based creativity exercises that help you tap your interests and ideas
- Exploration of traditional and innovative approaches to drawing and painting
- A ceramics focus that gives an overview of 3-D art
- Strategies of critique that show new ways of thinking and seeing
- Portfolio development: ideas and skills with which to build new and better work
- We'll have a behind-the-scenes look at the world of museum professions at the Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art
In addition to their work the in studio, students will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Camp participants will have 24/7 counselor supervision.