MS Project 2010 Essentials
|Dates: ||February 18, 2013 - February 20, 2013|
|Meets: ||Monday-Wednesday from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, 3 sessions|
|Location: ||Auburn Center for Developing Industries |
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 549.00|
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
This three day professional computer training course will provide you with the skills to effectively use Microsoft Project 2010. When managing projects, you need to gather information about the various tasks involved, resources required to accomplish the tasks, and the overall cost in order to plan a project. Microsoft Project 2010 acts as a tool that assists you in managing your projects. In this course, you will create and modify a project plan to keep the project moving on track. This course will also give you the opportunity to work with a project plan once it reaches the project implementation phase.
- identify the basic features and components of the Microsoft Project environment
- create a new project plan file and enter project information
- manage tasks by organizing tasks and setting task relationships
- manage resources for a project
- finalize a project plan
- exchange project plan data with other applications
- update a project plan
- manage project costs
- report project data visually
- reuse project plan information
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Lesson 2: Creating a Project Plan
- Lesson 3: Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Lesson 4: Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Lesson 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Lesson 6: Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications
- Lesson 7: Updating a Project Plan
- Lesson 8: Managing Project Costs
- Lesson 9: Reporting Project Data Visually
- Lesson 10: Reusing Project Plan Information
Students enrolling in this class should have the following:
- a general understanding of project management concepts
- familiarity with personal computers and basic end-user skills with any current Windows operating system
Group: Companies can receive a 15% discount on 4 or more registrations paid for at the same time. Contact our office at 334.844.5100 to receive this discount.
Multiple Classes: Individuals will receive a 15% discount if they register for 3 courses or more at the same time. Contact our office at 334.844.5100 to receive this discount.
Organizational: A 10% discount is available for ATC Members, Auburn and Opelika Chamber Members and Auburn University Employees. Enter the organizational coupon code to receive this discount.
NOTE: Discounts cannot be combined and are not cumulative.