Creative Writing Studio
|Dates: ||July 14, 2013 - July 18, 2013|
|Meets: ||Sunday from 3:00 PM to Thursday at 11:00 AM, 5 sessions|
|Location: ||Auburn University |
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 505.00|
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
Stories cram your brain, "plot bunnies" take over your imagination when you least expect them to, and poetic thoughts keep you up at night. Does this sound like you? Then you are probably a writer. We invite you to join us for an intensive writing experience at Auburn University, dedicated to feeding your hungry muse.
The Creative Writing Camp at Auburn University is a five-day Department of English program for rising 9th-12th graders. The program offers emerging writers an opportunity to develop their craft while living on Auburn University's campus.
Here's some of what we've got in store for you:
- You will participate in daily workshops and writing craft classes, reading great works of literature, while producing fiction and poetry of our own.
- You will learn how a literary journal, the acclaimed Southern Humanities Review, works, discovering what editors do on a day to day basis.
- Writing activities are designed to encourage immersion in Auburn, aptly named "the loveliest city on the plains," so expect to take some lively literary tours around town.
- Special guest speakers, like novelist Rachel Hawkins, author of the HEX HALL series, will be visiting with students.
- Finally, the program will end with a reading of student work at the Gnu's Room, Auburn's funkiest local bookstore.
Participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Camp participants will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Join us for a writing camp like no other. Get your muse on this summer at Auburn University!