GRE Test Preparation Course (Classroom Course)
Meets: Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Location: Davis Hall, Room 156
Registration Fee: $849.00
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
There are many changes with the new format of the GRE, including the exam content, formatting, and scoring. However, the core of the exam is basically the same. The changes are intended to improve the exam's ability to measure critical reasoning skills and assess likelihood of success in graduate school-the same goal the exam has always had. Our program is designed to help you master the challenging question formats used on the "new" GRE.
Quantitative Test Topics Include:
* Picking numbers, both for quantitative comparison and for multiple choice problems
* Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
* Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
Verbal Test Topics Include:
* Solving antonym and analogy problems when you do not know the vocabulary
* Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
* Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
General Topics Include:
*Utilizing the process of elimination
* Mastering time management skills
* Minimizing test anxiety
* Identifying common distracters
Additionally, strategies for the analytical writing section are outlined, and sample prompts with accompanying essays are discussed.
Call us at 334-844-5100 to see if you qualify for a discount on this course.
|Course Fee (Basic)||Registration Fee||$ 849.00|
|Course Fee (Alternate)||Military Fee||$ 799.00|
Davis Hall, Room 156
|10/02/2019||Wednesday||6 PM to 9 PM||Davis Hall, Room 156|
|10/07/2019||Monday||6 PM to 9 PM||Davis Hall, Room 156|
|10/09/2019||Wednesday||6 PM to 9 PM||Davis Hall, Room 156|
|10/14/2019||Monday||6 PM to 9 PM||Davis Hall, Room 156|
|10/16/2019||Wednesday||6 PM to 9 PM||Davis Hall, Room 156|
|10/21/2019||Monday||6 PM to 9 PM||Davis Hall, Room 156|
|10/23/2019||Wednesday||6 PM to 9 PM||Davis Hall, Room 156|
|10/28/2019||Monday||6 PM to 9 PM||Davis Hall, Room 156|