Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of most commonly asked questions:How do I create a new user account?
I've taken a class before. How do I get a password?
Why does the 'forgot password?' area keep on telling me that you don't have a record for me?
Why is my new password not being accepted now that I'm logged in?
What courses do you currently offer?
How do I register for a course?
How do I register someone else?
How do I register a group?
Which methods of payment do you accept online?
How does the charge appear on my credit card statement?
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?
How do I cancel a registration?
When will I get my refund?
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in?
How do I create a new user account?Participants who have never taken a class through our office will need to start a new account. Our system is separate from the rest of the University, so it is not required that a participant be a student in order to attend our programs. Also, Auburn University students/faculty/staff, are not automatically included in our records.
Either click the 'Log On' field located at https://mell-base.uce.auburn.edu/wconnect/UserLogon.awp2 and then click 'Create Account' or click on the class that you are interested in and follow the directions from there.
I've taken a class before. How do I get a password?Past participants can create a password by going to the Log On area. You will need to type the e-mail address that we have listed in our records in the 'E-mail Address' field. Then, type the 1st letter of your first name, the 1st letter of your last name, then your zipcode in the 'Password' field.
For example: John Smith from Auburn, AL 36830 would type js36830 in the 'Password' field.
Participants who sometimes go by another name (Such as 'Bob' instead of 'Robert') will need to type the first letter of the first name we have listed in our records. If you are not sure what we have listed, you can either call us at 334-844-5100 (Monday-Friday from 7:45 AM ' 4:45 PM) or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Why does the 'forgot password?' area keep on telling me that you don't have a record for me?If you have never taken a class with us before, then we do not have your information in our records. Click the back button and then click on the 'Create Account' area.
If you are a past participant, then you may want to double-check the information that you are typing in to the required fields since they must match what we have on file in order to locate your record. If you are unsure what e-mail address, zip code, etc. we have listed for you, please do not hesitate to either contact us at 334-844-4782 (Monday through Friday from 7:45 AM - 4:45 PM) or you can e-mail us after hours at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why is my new password not being accepted now that I'm logged in?If you are having difficulty typing in your new password, be sure that you are using between 6-10 characters. If you are sent to the screen that reminds you how long passwords should be, be sure to either click on 'return to previous page' or the back button. If an error message pops up, you will need to click on the refresh button in Mozilla Firefox or go to View | Refresh in Internet Explorer.
What courses do you currently offer?Select one of the Lookup Courses links (in the left navigation bar) to see the list of courses we currently offer.
How do I register for a course?To register for a course:
- Look Up Course - look up the course you want to enroll in on our Course Listing page.
- Add to Enrollment Card - click the "Enroll Yourself" button on the Course Information page to start the registration process.
- Logon - Type your e-mail address and password if you are a past participant. If you have never taken a class with us, be sure to click the 'Create Account' option. Note: if you're already logged on, this step will be skipped.
- Select Course Fees - select the course fee options (i.e. select registration fee, add optional fees).
- Add More Courses - if you are enrolling in other courses, click the Add More Courses button and repeat steps 1, 2, and 4. Otherwise, continue to step 6.
- Register for Selected Courses - once you have added all the desired courses to your Enrollment Card, click the Finish Registration button to continue the registration process.
- Supplemental Data - some courses require additional registration information (i.e. T-Shirt size, meal preference, etc.). If the course you enrolled in has additional registration information requirements, the Supplemental Data page now opens for you to enter your information. Click the Submitt button after entering the information to continue.
- Make Payment - enter your payment information then click the Submit Payment button*** (or the Bill Me button if selecting the Invoicing option).
- Registration Confirmed - the Registration Confirmation page now opens notifying you that you are enrolled in the course(s). A confirmation email with the registration specifics is also sent to your email address. At this time, you can safely log off the system.
The Wait page will be displayed to you while the system is waiting for credit card approval. DO NOT move away from this page (click your Back button, select another URL, etc.) until the process is completed. If you do, the approval process is aborted and you WILL NOT be enrolled in the course.
How do I register someone else?Follows the steps in the directions listed above. The only difference will be when you log-on or create account you will need to be sure that you use the information of the person who is going to be attending the program.
How do I register a group?Group registration is possible on-line, however, you may find it easier to call us at 334-844-5100 (Monday-Friday from 7:45 AM ' 4:45 PM) or to fax us the registration forms at 334-844-4782. To register a group on-line, you will need to follow the steps 1-4 under 'How do I Register for a Course?' Once you have chosen the correct fee, click on the 'Add Another Person to'' button and either create a new account or input that person's e-mail and password if they are a repeat customer. Continue adding participants until you are done, then follow the rest of the steps listed.
Which methods of payment do you accept online?We only accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express for payment when registering online.
To pay using a purchase order, check, cash, money order, or other accepted payment methods, please either fax your registration form and paperwork to 334-844-4782, mail us your registration form and paperwork, or call us at 334-844-4782 (Monday-Friday from 7:45 AM ' 4:45 PM) to register over the phone.
How does the charge appear on my credit card statement?The charge on your credit card statement will appear as OAU dba Govt & Econ Dev Inst.
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to attend?Cancellation policies can vary depending on the program. These policies are either listed on your registration form or on our website for the program in question.
All programs require written request for cancellation in order to be considered canceled. If you have notified us of a cancellation, but have not gotten a written response, please do not hesitate to call us at 334-844-4782 to confirm receipt.
How do I cancel a registration?You cannot cancel a registration online. To cancel a registration, you must contact the Government & Economic Development Institute and provide a written cancellation:
Government & Economic Development Institute, 213 Extension hall, Auburn AL 36849
*Please include your full name and address, registration details for the course you want to cancel (i.e. course code, title, and dates) and a day time phone number where we can contact you.
When will I get my refund?Once your written request for cancellation has been received and an e-mail has been sent notifying you that it has been received, the refund process will typically begin. Also, if a class is canceled for any reason, the refund process will begin automatically.
Refunds are given based on the way payment was received. For those who paid using a credit card, a refund will be automatically accredited to the card used within 3-4 business days. For those who paid using cash, check, or money order, a refund check will be mailed to the payer in about 7-10 business days.
How can I find out what courses I'm registered in or have taken?To see a list of courses in which you are enrolled or have attended, log in using your e-mail address and password. Once you are logged in, click on the "My Class History" option on the left-hand side. You will then have the following options:
- Upcoming Courses - view a list of your upcoming courses with dates and locations
- Current Courses - view a list of any courses you are currently attending
- Completed Courses - view a list of completed courses with hours/CEUs(if applicable)/fees